NY Traffic Violations Bureau | Traffic Ticket Information | Solutions | Attorney Michael Spevack

Important information about the TVB (Traffic Violations Bureau)

Fines for New York traffic tickets are set by the city, county, or court where the violation occurred. Find your TVB location @ https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/find-tvb-office-locations.

If you cannot find the fee on your ticket, contact the court where the ticket was issued. You can either fight your ticket, or plead guilty and pay the ticket.

In most of New York, non-criminal traffic tickets are processed by the local city, town, or village criminal or traffic courts, not the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). However, in New York City, the Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) of the NY DMV will handle your ticket.

Traffic fines in New York and other costs associated will depend on various factors, such as the:

* Type of violation.
* Number of points on your driving record.
* Court handling your case.
* County where you received the ticket.

Typically, your fine amount will be listed on your traffic ticket. However, if a NY State Police officer ticketed you, you’ll need to call the court handling your case or the TVB for the total amount.

Your fine amount will depend on the severity of your offense and the type of ticket you received (e.g., speeding ticket, red light ticket, and moving violations).

The method to pay your traffic ticket will depend on where you received the ticket. If you received it in New York City, you will have a TVB ticket.

You can pay this traffic ticket:

In person before a judge or clerk.
By phone.
By mail.

If you have non-TVB traffic ticket, check your ticket for payment options or contact the traffic court responsible.

If you plan to fight your traffic ticket in New York, you must file your appeal within 30 days of receiving the ticket, as you could face an automatic conviction and be required to pay the fine.

NOTE: Consider hiring a traffic ticket attorney if your ticket indicates you must submit your plea in person. I can save you time and money as your Attorney…Please call (212) 754-1011.

You’ll either be dealing with your local courthouse or the Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB). If your ticket is handled by the TVB, you can plead not guilty by mail, in person, or online. Instructions can be found on the back of your ticket.

Options to plead guilty to a non-TVB traffic ticket will vary depending on the court handling your case.

For more information, please contact me at (212) 754-1101

Lost Your Traffic Ticket?

If you have a TVB traffic ticket, you can request a replacement traffic ticket on the TVB website @ https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/find-tvb-office-locations
If your traffic ticket is not handled by the TVB, you will need to contact the local county, city, town, or village traffic court where you received the citation.

If you commit a serious traffic violation, you may face a driver’s license suspension or revocation in addition to a heavy fine.

If you’re facing a conviction for a major violation, you may want to consider hiring an experienced traffic attorney who can guide you through the process.

A list of New York City Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) locations are listed below:

* Brooklyn South (Coney Island)
2875 West 8th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11224

* Brooklyn North
Atlantic Center Mall
2nd Floor
625 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217

* Bronx
696 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458

* Manhattan North
159 East 125 Street
3rd Floor
New York, NY 10035

* Manhattan South
17 Battery Place
10th Floor
New York, NY 10004

* Richmond (Staten Island)
West Shore Plaza
1775 South Avenue
Suite 2
Staten Island, NY 10314

* Queens North
30-56 Whitestone Expy
2nd Floor
Flushing, NY 11354

* Queens South
168-35 Rockaway Blvd
2nd Floor
Jamaica, NY 11434

Call MICHAEL SPEVACK, ESQ @ (212) 754-1011 for a Free Consultation.

Find Your TVB location @ https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/find-tvb-office-locations
Website @ https://www.Traffic-Summons.com

Please drive safely & share (it seems almost everyone gets a traffic ticket sometime), Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, like, and comment!

Most Speeding Tickets Should be Resolved Prior to Trial

It is frustrating to receive a speeding ticket.  In many instances, a motorist was simply travelling with the flow of traffic, but was singled out to be pulled over to be handed a summons by the police or a trooper.  Other times, one simply wants to pass a vehicle or to avoid trouble on the roadway but receives a ticket anyway and the police officer is uninterested in hearing an excuse.  Perhaps a motorist simply was speeding but not as fast as the officer asserts in a summons.

As a motorist who receives a summons he or she believes is unfair, it is often this person’s desire to confront the officer at a trial and to give the officer a piece of his or her mind.  However, in practical terms, this generally tends to be an unwise course of action.

In most parts of New York State, the courts allow plea bargaining with a prosecutor.  Plea bargaining is usually the friend of a motorist because it allows a motorist to lessen the negative impact of a summons or ticket on such person by reducing the points ultimately received.  Why would a prosecutor or even a State Trooper want to offer to reduce points for a summons issued in his or her jurisdiction?  Most often the answer is that the prosecutor is busy with other more substantive matters such as burglaries and murders and does not have the time or resources to commit to trying each and every traffic summons issued in his  or her particular town or village.

Why can’t a motorist go to trial and prove that he or she is innocent?  The answer is that it is often a costly and time-consuming endeavor for a motorist to travel to the jurisdiction where a summons was received.  Further, a judge is more  likely to consider as truthful the testimony of a police officer or state trooper whom he or she knows well, or at least casually, over the testimony of a motorist who was passing through the town or village where the summons was issued.

How can one obtain the best possible reduction?  The best way to know that you have gotten a good deal is to hire a qualified lawyer who understands the law, procedures, and customs of particular jurisdictions.  It takes years of experience to understand the ins and outs of plea bargaining.

My firm is glad to help you obtain a deal that is in your best interest, or to try a case if need be.  We are always glad to discuss your situation and to assess which legal solution best meets your needs and requirements.

Call Now Button